3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410-228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
*** Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information ***
Dorchester County is in Phase 3 of Maryland's Vaccination Plan. All adults are eligible. Schedule an appointment for the Moderna vaccine at the Dorchester County Health Department.
To remove your name from our vaccine interest list, please complete this form: Unsubscribe from Vaccine Interest List
Did you lose your COVID-19 vaccination card or need proof of vaccination? Please visit MD.MyIR.net and complete the online form to view and print your official vaccination record for free.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine priority groups and resources, visit covidlink.maryland.gov.
This program offers individual and group education to youth and adult citizens on tobacco issues. Individuals can obtain assistance in actively quitting the habit. All Dorchester County residents are eligible for this program.
No fee for services.
Individuals can be referred for information, group and individual counseling and Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
Thinking about quitting?
We can help! Join our smoking cessation program.
When you smoke, it affects you in many ways.
Smoking greatly increases your risk of:
- cancers – bladder, lung, mouth, tongue, esophagus, larynx [voice box] just to name a few.
- heart and circulatory diseases such as hardening of the arteries, heart attack, high blood pressure, and stroke.
- lung diseases such as lung cancer, emphysema, bronchitis, colds, and infections.
- dental problems such as gum disease and infection which can lead to tooth decay and loss of teeth, oral cancers, and bad breath.
Is your family in danger?
Secondhand smoke exhales from the lung of smokers and the smoke that comes from the burning end of a cigarette, cigar or pipe is very dangerous to the people around you. Second-hand smoke trapped in a car for one hour exposes your family to the equivalent of three cigarettes! Learn more on the consequences of smoking.
Let us help you quit!
Our Smoking Cessation Program is especially designed to help you become smoke-free for a lifetime! Through this program, we can:
- Help you get ready to quit.
- Support you through the first 10 weeks of quitting including ways to help you eat healthy.
- Help supply nicotine replacement therapy, if needed.
- Provide ongoing support groups to help you stay smoke-free.
Smoking Cessation Classes are held at the Health Department
3 Cedar Street, Cambridge, MD
Wednesdays 10-11 AM and 5-6 PM
For more information, please contact Julie Jones at 410-901-8133.
- DCHD Virtual Community Baby Shower, May 14-21
- Seasonal Influenza (EN, ES)
- Coronavirus Information
- MA Direct Line
- MidShore Rural Health Collaborative
- Opioid Intervention Team: iwishiknewmidshore.org and beforeitstoolate.maryland.gov
- Hurricane Supply List
- Commit to be FIT
- Be ready for the next disaster Emergency Preparedness - Facebook Page
(for DCHD Employees Only)
3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410 228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
© Copyright 2004-2021