With temperatures approaching 99 and heat indexes as high as 110 between tomorrow and Saturday, take precautions when doing outdoor activities and ensure you’re staying hydrated and safe.
Both public library branches as well as One Mission Cambridge are available during normal operating hours for anyone who needs relief from the heat.
Please see below for tips to beat the heat:
- Drink lots of water and other fluids
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and overly-sweetened beverages
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, and light-colored clothing
Avoid direct sunlight and wear sunscreen; stay in the shade when possible
- Avoid salt tablets unless advised by a doctor to take them
- Take it easy outside: schedule physical activity in the morning or evening, when it’s cooler, and take short breaks if necessary
For more information, go to https://dorchesterhealth.org/health-services/emergency-preparedness/
Be safe and stay well in this heat!