3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410-228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
School Based Wellness Centers
*** Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information ***
Dorchester County is in Phase 3 of Maryland's Vaccination Plan. All adults are eligible. Schedule an appointment for the Moderna vaccine at the Hyatt in Cambridge.
To remove your name from our vaccine interest list, please complete this form: Unsubscribe from Vaccine Interest List
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine priority groups and resources, visit covidlink.maryland.gov.
DORCHESTER COUNTY SCHOOL BASED WELLNESS CENTERS
The Dorchester County Wellness Center Program is dedicated to promoting accessible, quality school-based health care for children and youth. School-based health care is built upon mutual respect and collaboration between school personnel and health providers to promote health and educational success.
During the virtual start of the 2020-2021 School year, the School-Based Wellness Center Program is pleased to announce that Telehealth Services are available to both students and staff from NDMS, NDHS, MLMS and CSDHS!
As always, we encourage you to contact your Primary Care Provider first – but if they are not available, our clinician can offer telehealth for many common illnesses. Although not all issues can be treated by a telehealth visit, we want to resume providing care as best we can during this time.
Do NOT call this number in an emergency situation – please call 911 or go to the closest Emergency Department.
Call 443-521-1573 to speak to our Intake Staff, who is available Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please leave a message if you get her voice mail, and you should hear back within one hour. She will make a telehealth appointment for you with our Nurse Practitioner, Kristie Gauck. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday.
If we cannot treat your particular issue via telehealth, we will offer guidance and try to help you connect with someone who can.
This service is open to all students and staff of NDMS, NDHS, MLMS and CSDHS, even if they were not previously enrolled in the School-Based Wellness Center program. You can be evaluated regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. If you don’t have insurance, we will refer you for help with applying.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Goals of the Program
To promote positive health behaviors and encourage primary prevention and wellness
To provide behavioral health and mental health counseling; as well as prevention services
To improve the access to preventive and primary care
To increase health knowledge and enhance positive decision- making skills
To support educational goals
To provide health care in conjunction with primary care physicians
- Acute medical care for injuries, illnesses, and new symptoms/problems
- Periodic medical care for ongoing conditions (i.e.: asthma, hypertension, allergies)
- Preventive care including physical exams, sports, physicals, immunizations, reproductive health care, contraception, health screenings & education
- Referrals as needed, prescriptions, imaging orders, and lab work as indicated
If a student needs mental health services, a Licensed Mental Health Clinician will meet with the parent/guardian and obtain additional consent.
Health and Learning go
Hand in Hand
How Do We Care for Your Child?
We involve you
We keep all records confidential according to state law
We notify your child’s primary care physician of any treatment and recommended follow-up
We prescribe and/or dispense medications and monitor the student’s response to the medications
We make referrals and coordinate outside services
Certified Nurse Practitioners
Family Practice Physician
Licensed Social Workers
Office Support Staff
Helping our students to succeed in school
All students and School staff are eligible to receive these services and may enroll as follows:
- A student Enrollment and history form must be completed. Once, with an updated form completed each year thereafter.
- Parents/Guardians must sign the consent to treat form.
- Insurance companies will be billed if information is provided. Parents will receive a bill for insurance co-pays and deductibles.
- Parents / guardians will be billed for services provided to uninsured students. A sliding fee scale is available if income information is provided.
- If your child does not have insurance, please let us know! He or she may be eligible for programs that are no or low cost.
*All children will be treated regardless of insurance status or ability to pay*
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL WELLNESS CENTER
WELLNESS CENTER LOCATIONS
Mace’s Lane Middle School: 410-228-0973
North Dorchester Middle School: 410-943-3275
North Dorchester High School: 410-943-3316
Cambridge South Dorchester High School: 410-228-3825
Elementary Mental Health Services
These Services are provided at some elementary schools for eligible students.
Please contact Beth Spencer (410-901-8177) for more information.
DORCHESTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
DORCHESTER COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
Dorchester County Local Management Board
Beth Spencer, LCSW-C
- Spring Rabies Clinic Flyer
- Spring Rabies Clinic Pre Registration
- Seasonal Influenza (EN, ES)
- Coronavirus Information
- MA Direct Line
- MidShore Rural Health Collaborative
- Opioid Intervention Team: iwishiknewmidshore.org and beforeitstoolate.maryland.gov
- Hurricane Supply List
- Commit to be FIT
- Be ready for the next disaster Emergency Preparedness - Facebook Page
(for DCHD Employees Only)
3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410 228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
© Copyright 2004-2021