3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410-228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Medical Assistance Transportation
*** Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information ***
Dorchester County is in Phase 3 of Maryland's Vaccination Plan. All adults are eligible. Schedule an appointment for the Moderna vaccine at the Hyatt in Cambridge.
To remove your name from our vaccine interest list, please complete this form: Unsubscribe from Vaccine Interest List
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine priority groups and resources, visit covidlink.maryland.gov.
Medical Assistance Transportation
Fax: (410) 901-8189
This program provides a non-emergency medical transportation source for Dorchester County Medicaid recipients who have no other means of transportation. Riders must have an active Medical Assistance number. For local (in county) transportation, you should call at least 48 hours (2 days) in advance of the appointment to schedule a medical ride. If a rider is requesting to be transported out of the county, please call at least 72 hours (3 week days) before your appointment. Transportation to and from medical appointments is provided by Delmarva Community Transit (D.C.T)
When calling to make an appointment, please have the following information available:
- Medicaid number. Have you enrolled in a Managed Care Organization? If so, which one?
- Telephone number and address
- Name and address of doctor or clinic or Primary Care Physician (PCP). Have you obtained a referral for your visit if different than PCP?
- Appointment time and return time. How long will you be at your appointment?
- Are you a wheelchair patient? Do you have a ramp where you live? Will someone be going with you?
You should be ready 1/2 hour before pick-up time for all local appointments. For all out of town appointments, call 410-221-1910 between 4:00-5:00pm the day before your appointment to get your pick up time. Remember to call if there are any changes in transportation such as appointment change or cancellation. If you miss three or more consecutive trips, you must call the bus at 410-221-1910, the day before the transport, for the pick-up time for a minimum of thirty days. If you fail to do so, the ride will be automatically canceled. Misuse may result in denial or suspension of services.
In the event of severe weather:
- If public school systems are closed due to weather, DCS (D.D.U.S.T.) will be closed.
- Listen to local radio station (WCEM 1240 AM, 106.3 FM) for information.
- If transportation is delayed due to weather or scheduling demands, it is your responsibility to call your doctor or clinic to advise them of the situation. You may have to reschedule.
FEES: This service is free to those who qualify.
Hours: 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Monday through Friday
For more information, please contact Donna Reed, MA Transportation Coordinator, or any MA Transportation staff at (410) 901-2426.
Spanish interpretation/translation is available
- Spring Rabies Clinic Flyer
- Spring Rabies Clinic Pre Registration
- Seasonal Influenza (EN, ES)
- Coronavirus Information
- MA Direct Line
- MidShore Rural Health Collaborative
- Opioid Intervention Team: iwishiknewmidshore.org and beforeitstoolate.maryland.gov
- Hurricane Supply List
- Commit to be FIT
- Be ready for the next disaster Emergency Preparedness - Facebook Page
(for DCHD Employees Only)
3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410 228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
© Copyright 2004-2021