3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410-228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
HIV & AIDS
*** Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information ***
Dorchester County is in Phase 3 of Maryland's Vaccination Plan. All adults are eligible. Schedule an appointment for the Moderna vaccine at the Dorchester County Health Department.
To remove your name from our vaccine interest list, please complete this form: Unsubscribe from Vaccine Interest List
Did you lose your COVID-19 vaccination card or need proof of vaccination? Please visit MD.MyIR.net and complete the online form to view and print your official vaccination record for free.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine priority groups and resources, visit covidlink.maryland.gov.
HIV/AIDS Counseling and Testing
Confidential HIV testing using conventional lab draws and/or rapid testing (results in 1 minute) is offered to the public at no charge. Each client receives pretest counseling which is a client centered intervention designed to promote behavior change to prevent infection. Persons testing positive are referred for specialty medical care, case management, and partner notification services. Referrals to additional medical care, psychosocial and other needed supportive services are provided as needed. Testing is done Monday – Thursday by appointment or walk –in basis. Testing is also provided to community agencies that provide services to high risk individuals.
HIV/AIDS Case Management/Support Services:
Case management and support services are available to all individuals diagnosed with HIV or AIDS who reside in Maryland. Case management is a client centered service that assists individuals in gaining timely and coordinated access to health care, psychosocial, and support services.
Support services for FY 18 include, but are not limited to:
- Financial assistance for dental and vision services not paid for by insurance.
- Financial assistance for clients to obtain a Maryland ID and /or a Birth Certificate
- Antiretroviral Treatment and Access to Services (ARTAS) is an individual–level intervention that provides up to 5 sessions to recently diagnosed individuals to link them to care. This is done by assisting the client to identify benefits and resolve barriers to linkage.
- Short and long term housing services which provide up to two years of rent and/or utility payments based on need and funding.
HIV/AIDS Education and Outreach:
The Health Department provides HIV/AIDS education and outreach in a variety of ways. Public presentations are given upon request to community agencies including churches, social organizations, and places of business. The Health Department participates in community gatherings such as health fairs, and events as a means to provide outreach. HIV/AIDS information is provided in many health department programs including Addictions, Family Planning, and STI Clinic.
Call 410-228-3223 and ask to be connected to a staff member in the HIV/AIDS Program
- DCHD Virtual Community Baby Shower, May 14-21
- Seasonal Influenza (EN, ES)
- Coronavirus Information
- MA Direct Line
- MidShore Rural Health Collaborative
- Opioid Intervention Team: iwishiknewmidshore.org and beforeitstoolate.maryland.gov
- Hurricane Supply List
- Commit to be FIT
- Be ready for the next disaster Emergency Preparedness - Facebook Page
(for DCHD Employees Only)
3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410 228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
© Copyright 2004-2021