This program provides free non-emergency medical transportation for Dorchester County Medicaid recipients who qualify and have no other means of transportation. Transportation is provided by Delmarva Community Transit.
Riders must have an active Medical Assistance number. Spanish interpretation/translation is available.
Transportation within Dorchester County
To schedule transportation for a medical appointment within Dorchester County:
- Call (410) 901-2426 between 8:00 and 11:30 a.m. or between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Call at least 48 hours (2 days) before your appointment.
Transportation out of Dorchester County
To schedule transportation for a medical appointment outside Dorchester County:
- Call (410) 221-1910 at least 72 hours (3 weekdays/business days) before your appointment.
- Call (410) 221-1910 between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. the day before your appointment to get your pickup time.
When calling to make an appointment, please have the following information available:
- Medicaid number
- If you have enrolled in a Managed Care Organization, and if so, which one
- Telephone number and address
- Name and address of doctor or clinic.
- If you have obtained a referral for your visit if it is to an appointment other than with your primary care provider (PCP)
- Appointment time and return time, and estimated length of appointment
- If you use a wheelchair and if you have a ramp where you live
- Ifsomeone will be going with you
You should be ready 30 minutes before pickup time for all local appointments.
Changes and Cancellations
- To change your bus appointment time, please call (410) 901-2426.
- To cancel your bus appointment, call both (410) 901-2426 AND (410) 221-1910.
- If you miss three or more consecutive trips, you must call (410) 221-1910 the day before your appointments for your pick-up time. You will need to do this for at least thirty days. If you fail to do so, the ride will be automatically canceled.
- Misuse may result in denial or suspension of services.
Weather Delays and Closings
- If Dorchester County public schools are closed due to weather, Delmarva Community Transit will be closed and there will be no medical assistance transportation.
- Listen to the local radio stations (WCEM 1240 AM, 106.3 FM) for closings and delays.
- If transportation is delayed due to weather or scheduling demands, it is your responsibility to call your doctor or clinic to tell them. You may have to reschedule your appointment.
For more information, please contact Theresa Hines, medical assistance transportation coordinator, or any medical assistance transportation staff at (410) 901-2426. Documents may also be faxed to (410) 901-8189.