The following services are provided for on-site sewage disposal (septic systems).
- Conduct percolation (perc) tests to determine the suitability of soils for individual sewage disposal systems.
- Review all septic system plans and issue septic system permits.
- Review building permits and use and occupancy permits for properties served by a well and/or a septic system
- Inspect and license septage haulers and septic installers to operate within the county.
- Evaluate septic systems and wells for new and existing foster homes, adoptive homes, adult and child care facilities, camps, schools and other institutional facilities.
- Administer the Bay Restoration Fund for Dorchester County.
Any information requests regarding the status of a septic system on a property must be made by completing and submitting the Record Search and Property Status Request Form linked below.
- Application for Sanitary Construction Permit
- Request for Record Search and Property Status Report
- Request for Land Evaluation (Perc Test Application)
Septic system contractors and septage haulers
Septic system contractors and septage (liquid waste) haulers must be licensed to operate in Dorchester County.
Septic system contractors install and/or repair septic systems.
Dorchester Licensed Sewage System Contractors
Septage haulers pump out septic tanks and remove the liquid waste for disposal elsewhere.
Dorchester Licensed Septage Haulers
For a list of septic system contractors or septage haulers licensed to operate in Dorchester County, you also may email, call (410) 228-1167 or stop by the office at 3 Cedar St.