The food protection program is responsible for all retail food service facility licensing and retail food service facility inspections in Dorchester County.
All food facility plan reviews for new facility construction or existing facility remodeling must be submitted to this office.
Any temporary food event in Dorchester County must make an application to this office for a Temporary Event Permit to Operate a Food Service Facility.
For information about the food safety program, send us an email or call (410) 228-1167.
Forms (downloadable PDFs)
- Application for Permit to Operate a Food Service Facility
- Food Establishment Plan Review Application
- Guidelines for Food Service Facility Plan Submittal
- Equipment Addition for Existing Food Service Facilities
- Mobile Unit Requirements
- Temporary Food Event Application
- Temporary Event Handwashing and Dishwashing Stations
- Statement of Workers Compensation
- Appeal Process for Food Service Facility Decisions
- Maryland Regulations Governing Food Service Facilities (COMAR 10.15.03) (via Division of State Documents)
- Maryland Cottage Food Businesses Regulations
- Handwashing Poster (English) (downloadable PDF)
- Hand Washing Poster (Español) (downloadable PDF)
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plan Guidelines and Examples
- Universal No Smoking Poster (downloadable PDF)
- Choking Poster (downloadable PDF)
- Food Allergens Poster (English) (downloadable PDF)
- Food Allergens Poster (Español) (downloadable PDF)
- Food and Drug Administration Training Videos
- Food and Drug Administration Food Safety Website
- Food Recalls