3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410-228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
*** Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information ***
Dorchester County is in Phase 3 of Maryland's Vaccination Plan. All adults are eligible. Schedule an appointment for the Moderna vaccine at the Hyatt in Cambridge.
To remove your name from our vaccine interest list, please complete this form: Unsubscribe from Vaccine Interest List
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine priority groups and resources, visit covidlink.maryland.gov.
The role of the Dorchester County Health Department Emergency Preparedness program is to provide guidance and leadership before, during, and after disasters, on a variety of public health and medical threats to Dorchester County. Such threats include bioterrorism, infectious disease outbreaks, radiological incidents, and more. Activities include interagency collaboration with other local, regional, and state agencies on planning, exercises, and real-world responses to all hazards.
Disasters can occur at any time. You can feel helpless, or you can be prepared. It is up to you. The steps to readiness are not difficult. First, make an emergency supply kit for yourself and your family. Set aside supplies to survive three days at home. Water, food, first aid supplies, a flashlight, and a battery powered radio. Next, develop a family communications plan so your family can stay in touch during an emergency. Third, learn how to respond to the different types of disasters.
That information, along with details about disasters, kits, and plans are available at www.ready.gov.
- Build a supply kit: https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
- Make a plan: https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan
- Be informed: https://www.ready.gov/be-informed
- For more information about bioterrorism agents: https://www.ready.gov/Bioterrorism
- Other resources can be found at: https://preparedness.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Resources.aspx
Visit our Facebook Page!
This site contains links to other Internet sites. Such links are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Roger L. Harrell, MHA: Health Officer
- Spring Rabies Clinic Flyer
- Spring Rabies Clinic Pre Registration
- Seasonal Influenza (EN, ES)
- Coronavirus Information
- MA Direct Line
- MidShore Rural Health Collaborative
- Opioid Intervention Team: iwishiknewmidshore.org and beforeitstoolate.maryland.gov
- Hurricane Supply List
- Commit to be FIT
- Be ready for the next disaster Emergency Preparedness - Facebook Page
(for DCHD Employees Only)
3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410 228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
© Copyright 2004-2021