3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410-228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
*** Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information ***
Dorchester County is in Phase 3 of Maryland's Vaccination Plan. All adults are eligible. Schedule an appointment for the Moderna vaccine at the Dorchester County Health Department.
To remove your name from our vaccine interest list, please complete this form: Unsubscribe from Vaccine Interest List
Did you lose your COVID-19 vaccination card or need proof of vaccination? Please visit MD.MyIR.net and complete the online form to view and print your official vaccination record for free.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine priority groups and resources, visit covidlink.maryland.gov.
Dietary Guidelines for Women with Gestational Diabetes (of Those at Risk)
Avoid Sugar and Concentrated Sweets:
- No cookies, cakes, pies, soft drinks, chocolate, table sugar, fruits juices, fruit drinks, Kool-Aid, Hi-C, nectars, jams, jellies, syrup, honey
- Read labels: avoid foods containing sucrose, fructose, corn syrup, dextrose, honey, molasses, natural sweeteners, cornstarch, concentrated fruit juices
Avoid Convenience Foods:
- No instant noodles, canned soups, instant potatoes, frozen meals or packaged stuffing
Eat Small Frequent Meals:
- Eat about every 3 hours
- Include a good source of protein at every meal and snack. High-protein foods are low-fat meat, chicken, fish, low-fat cheese, nuts, peanut butter, cottage cheese, eggs, turkey
Eat a very small breakfast:
- No more than 1 starch/bread exchange
- No fruit or fruit juice
- Eat a protein
Choose High-Fiber Foods:
- Whole-grain breads and cereals
- Fresh and frozen vegetables
- Beans and legumes
- Fresh fruits (except at breakfast)
Lower Fat Intake:
- Buy lean protein foods: chicken, beef, turkey, ham, and fish. Limit lunch meat, bacon, sausage, scrapple, and hot dogs
- Remove all visible fat:
- remove skin from poultry
- trim fat from meat
- Bake, broil, steam, boil or barbecue foods (no frying)
- Use nonstick pan, vegetable oil spray or small amounts (1 to 2 teaspoons) of oil for cooking.
- Use skim or low-fat (1%) milk and dairy products.
- Eat boiled or canned legumes (not refried)
- Reduce added fat in the diet, such as butter, margarine, sour cream, mayonnaise, nuts, avocados, cream, cream cheese or salad dressings.
- DCHD Virtual Community Baby Shower, May 14-21
- Seasonal Influenza (EN, ES)
- Coronavirus Information
- MA Direct Line
- MidShore Rural Health Collaborative
- Opioid Intervention Team: iwishiknewmidshore.org and beforeitstoolate.maryland.gov
- Hurricane Supply List
- Commit to be FIT
- Be ready for the next disaster Emergency Preparedness - Facebook Page
(for DCHD Employees Only)
3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410 228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
© Copyright 2004-2021