3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410-228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Developmentally Disabled Individuals
*** Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information ***
Dorchester County is in Phase 3 of Maryland's Vaccination Plan. All adults are eligible. Schedule an appointment for the Moderna vaccine at the Dorchester County Health Department.
To remove your name from our vaccine interest list, please complete this form: Unsubscribe from Vaccine Interest List
Did you lose your COVID-19 vaccination card or need proof of vaccination? Please visit MD.MyIR.net and complete the online form to view and print your official vaccination record for free.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine priority groups and resources, visit covidlink.maryland.gov.
Coordination of Community Services
Dorchester County Health Department
DDA’s Coordination of Community Services (CCS) assists individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families in learning and gaining access to resources in their community, planning for their future, and accessing needed services and supports.
The goal of CCS is to promote services that are planned and delivered in a manner that encourages self-sufficiency, health & safety, real community participation, and the individual’s desired quality of life by:
- Assuring the provision of Targeted Case Management (TCM) services provided to individuals being served
- Ensuring the needs of the individuals and families are met
- Implementing standardized competency-based training
- Enhancing Services, Processes, and Policies
The DDA partners with The CCS providers to understand and be confident with best practices of DDA which is currently in the phase of “transformation” and as we move forward we will continue to develop and refine our processes to enhance our service delivery system.
*If you would like to refer an individual for services through DDA you must contact the Eastern Shore Regional Office at 410-572-5920 and ask for a Comprehensive Assessment.
Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)
People with developmental disabilities will have full lives in the communities of their choice where they are included, participate, and are active citizens.
Create a flexible, person-centered, family-oriented system of supports so people can have full lives.
- Provides a coordinated service delivery system for people with developmental disabilities
- Partners with individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to provide leadership and resources to enable these individuals in living fulfilling lives.
- Is guided by the principle that individuals with developmental disabilities have the right to direct their lives and services.
We do this by focusing on five areas: Self-Determination, Self-Advocacy, Supporting Families, Housing, and Employment.
To view the above and other information regarding the DDA, the state website hyperlink is: https://dda.health.maryland.gov/
- DCHD Virtual Community Baby Shower, May 14-21
- Seasonal Influenza (EN, ES)
- Coronavirus Information
- MA Direct Line
- MidShore Rural Health Collaborative
- Opioid Intervention Team: iwishiknewmidshore.org and beforeitstoolate.maryland.gov
- Hurricane Supply List
- Commit to be FIT
- Be ready for the next disaster Emergency Preparedness - Facebook Page
(for DCHD Employees Only)
3 Cedar Street | Cambridge, MD 21613 | 410-228-3223; Fax 410 228-9319 | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
© Copyright 2004-2021